No, we're not having a baby...Viv is perfectly fine for us at this point in our lives. But I did manage to keep a secret. For those of you who know me (and my dad) you know that we are horrible secret keepers. he always gives my mom presents early and can't keep a secret. I follow in his footsteps. Yet, I started planning a surprise birthday weekend for Luke at the beginning of December. I even enlisted the help of his boss. I got his mother to help by getting most of the food and drink. The grandmas fought for who got to watch Viv. Charla won out because I knew to have the party at her house I would need an excuse to go there (like picking up Viv after our night away in Estes).
I stole Luke away early Friday afternoon and took him to our favorite hotel in Estes.
We saw the biggest elk I had ever seen. It was dusk so the pic didn't turn out that well. I would have loved to get close enough for the flash to work but he was too huge and scary. Look at his rack!
I had fun things planned for Saturday to keep Luke busy until the surprise party.
He was surprised! I pulled it off with the help of family and friends. It was a great afternoon!
He was surprised! I pulled it off with the help of family and friends. It was a great afternoon!
Steff, Paige and I with our girls:
Grandpa and Viv
Erik, Bethany, and Viv
Luke, Andy, and the girls:
Pops and Viv:
Nana and Viv:
Luke and Charla:
Luke with his SCI friends:
Jonathan, Luke, and the kiddos:
Luke, Jake, and their girls:
Andy, Viv and I:
Viv went on a nap strike during all the excitement and was exhausted by the end:
Thanks to everyone who could make this day so fun for Luke. He had a blast....other than the Broncos losing but we won't talk about that!
No comments:
Post a Comment