We didn't get our Christmas cards out this year. I was a little distracted by the basement, getting the girls rooms finished, and nesting like crazy. So here is my "Christmas Card." Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
We had our first Christmas celebration on Christmas Day with the Ringenbergs (Ringenberg Christmas). Our second Christmas celebration was with the Anderson family on the 28th. It was fun to be able to hang out together before Zach went back to Oregon and Mom, Dad, and Andy went to Maui. The day started with swim lessons. Viv is doing so well and Uncle Zachie got to see her do her Swim Lessons.
We kept hoping that maybe I would go into labor early. Everyday for the past week I was thinking that I was starting to get contractions but they would stop. I was nesting like crazy! I had to get everything done for the girls rooms and get my house clean. Thankfully - I had a lot of help from family and friends to get that all done. I'll post the results of my nesting soon!
Our Second Christmas:
Viv loves her wings! She was "FLYING"!!
My little cook:
Mom, Ash, Viv, and Andy make cookies:
Ash was convinced that she could get me to go into labor and was ordering me around =) She got me to partner up with Andy for some squats. I won, of course ;)
Since my family left in 36 hours, I was convinced that we would have the baby when my parents were in Maui and the Ringenbergs were in Texas. I also got persuaded to try some other old wives tales. Hard to know if it was just Cora's time to come or maybe the old wives tales have validity. I started labor about four hours later =) She was 3 1/2 weeks early.
Last pic at home and a belly comparison pic at the hospital! Thanks to Ashley and Andy for coming to stay with Viv!
We arrived at the hospital at 2:30 a.m. after I had been in labor for two hours and my water broke:
I am pretty sure that she was sitting on my right pelvis because I had some wicked back pain and sciatic nerve symptoms. Luke trying to stay awake and massage my back with his elbow. LOL - so helpful =)
Measuring my belly - the baby tape measurer was not long enough!
Andy brought Viv for a visit in the morning. She was so sweet! She kept saying that mama was sick and she needed to take care of me!
Viv did so well at the hospital!
I ended up getting an epidural again and I can't say enough about how much I love modern medicine! We were watching football for a couple of hours while I was contracting.
Luke and Charla with me while I was contracting:
Zach tries to eat my baby again =)
My dad was telling me he predicted a 1:30 p.m. delivery time. This was at 11:00 a.m. when I was only 5 cm. I told him he was crazy! Luke and my dad were really adamant that I deliver before the Broncos game at 2:30.
Praying for a safe delivery:
My contractions seem to be slowing around 12:30 and I figured we would never make the Bronco deadline. The nurse came to check me and told me it was time to start pushing! Music to my ears! Cora is already kindred spirits with Poppie - she came 30 minutes before his requested 1:30 arrival time.
The delivery was so easy and she was so beautiful!
Cutting the cord!
LOVE!
First looks at the baby!
She was 7# 15 oz even though she was almost a month early. Hard to imagine how big she would have been had she waited another couple of weeks!
Getting checked out!
Footprints:
Our family friend, Dr. Cowles, was on call and got to deliver Cora! Such a blessing that she was there!
Checking out Cora:
Cora Bea Ringenberg
7#15 oz
21 inches
36 weeks
First Bath:
All cleaned up!
My support team - Mom, Charla, Jenna, and Ashley:
Vivian comes in:
"That's my sister! Cora Bea - it's okay. Shhhh, don't cry."
Nonnie and Poppie:
Uncle Andy:
Viv, Ash, Andy, and Cora:
Uncle Zachie!
Paul and Erik:
Uncle John, Grampy, and Luke:
Kinsey, Jenna, and Cora:
Viv, Luke, Charla, and Cora:
Snuggle time before leaving the hospital as a family of four:
Cora brings home a special cupcake for Viv and we have a birthday party!
Visitors!
Erik and Heather:
Mel had Jack almost 2 weeks before Cora:
Viv, Cora, Stacia, Mel, Jack, and I:
We felt so blessed to have a late Christmas present this year! Cora Bea Ringenberg is so sweet and loved so much! We are so thankful that all our family was present when she was born!


















No comments:
Post a Comment