April 16, 2012

Coke Addiction

I've had a lot of great feedback on the last blog post.  Several of you have emailed me more resources and information on great organizations.  I've added them to the right side of the blog. 

It gives me hope to know that there are so many great organizations out there that are committed to helping those in need. 

There is so much hurt in the world that it's overwhelming. It would be easy to think that one person can't make a difference.  But it takes one person to decide that they can help one person.  If you share your passion with others and they catch that passion then it's no longer just one person.  Don't think you are too small to make a difference!

This week, I have decided that my one person is a woman named En Yoeurn.  She is a woman from Cambodia that I sponsored from World Hope Adelphe ministry.  We're about to become pals =-) 

I've decided that I'm going to try giving up my Coke (Zero....not the other kind) addiction.  I've convinced Luke he needs to give up Dew.  If we give up this addiction we will be healthier and will save close to $35 a month.  That's what it costs to make a difference in En Yoeurn's life.  I don't tell you this to pat myself of the back.  Actually I've been convicted about my coke addiction for awhile.  I even somewhat successfully gave it up for lent.  Then I realized the money I save by not drinking Coke.  So by making a small (healthy) change in my life, I can make a difference in hers.  Pretty easy... I say that now.  Hopefully I can say that except for special occasions I will be coke free in a year =-) 

One step and one person at a time. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love the idea of giving up something in my life to make a difference in someone's life around the world. Hmmm....where to go with this!